Sunday, May 18, 2014

Topdeck Southern Nomad: Florence

Florence is gorgeous! The art  and history surroundings city is insane and you can see it in every street corner. We drove from Nice to Florence stopping by the leaning tower of Pisa where we got some funny photos I probably shouldn't post on the internet in case I seek employment in the near future ;)  We lucked out and were upgraded at the campsite resort and got to stay in little cabins/sheds which had two beds and a shower/toilet inside.  Our first day in the Florence involved a walking tour where we saw most of the big monuments before going to explore the city on our own.   A group of us stopped for some lunch; ricotta cheese goodness and pizza!  My friend and I then visited one of the basilicas which housed the tombs of Da Vinci and Michelangelo.  Then we headed to the Duomo, a Dome attached to a church which has a narrow staircase going to the top with views of the city.  It was quite the climb and the view was fantastic!  In the evening my friend and I watched the sunset from the bridge in Florence and joined the rest of the Topdeck group at a Karaoke Bar!








-M

No comments:

Post a Comment