Monday, May 5, 2014

Topdeck Southern Nomad: Switzerland

So the photos aren't showing up the way I would normally format them which is driving me nuts!  The perfectionist side of me is going crazy, but you'll have to bear with me until I can edit this all when I reach a computer.  Switzerland is gorgeous, hands down beautiful! We packed up camp in Paris and drove 10 hours to Lauterbrunnen stopping along the way for a picnic lunch.  The campsite was absolutely amazing, surrounded by the mountains and waterfalls.  We were told it would be really cold, so practically everyone upgraded to the dorm rooms, and I can't say I regret it at all. The facilities are very nice compared to a hostel and all in all its very comfortable (although it isn't as cold as they said.....but I still don't regret it).  My friend and I chose not to do the optional activities for the day (train ride up to the highest point in Europe or skydiving) so instead we decided to head to the waterfalls.  Long story short we couldn't find them and ended up hiking for four hours on a pretty cool trail.  We later went back with some other people and we made it to the falls twenty minutes before closing.  We all ran up to see the falls which were absolutely gorgeous and had an amazing twenty minutes before our trek back.  The others who went on the optional trip said their experience was amazing as well...so overall it was an awesome day.
 









-M

No comments:

Post a Comment