Friday, August 2, 2013

Welcome to Sackville!

So, this month I'm on exchange with students from Japan and Canada in a Cross Cultural College, Joint Seminar Program.  I wish I had better pictures, but anyways, I arrived here this morning at Mt. Allison University with the students from KGU, Queens and Mt. A!  The UofT students took a flight here from Toronto which stopped in Montreal before continuing on to Moncton New Brunswick.  Everyone here is super nice, and this month should be really fun!  The campus itself is quite a difference from what I'm used to at UofT, with Mt. A being a rather small contained university but at the same time some of the buildings are on the other side of town (mind you, the town isn't actually that big, so it's not a strenuous journey to get there ;D)!  Sackville has a lot of neat shops and eateries, and there's actually a music festival going on this weekend called the Sappy music fest.  The tickets are pretty expensive so I don't think any of us are going to bother going - but we can hear it from the edge of campus and it sounds pretty good!  Indie/hipster - ish, but I didn't really listen enough to make an actual judgement.  When I get better pictures of campus I'll add them to this post and until then, I don't think I'll have anything new to put up until we go on our day trips.  For now it's pretty much just going to be working on our projects and the actual academic portions of the course!  



-M

No comments:

Post a Comment