Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tokyo to Osaka

So, everything in Japan seems to be fast - really fast.  The trains are on time right down to the minute, so even if I can't understand what station they're announcing, I can look at the time and match it to the expected arrival time!  Anyways, this morning I left the hostel and went back to the train station where I got a direct train to the Haneda airport.  There I expected I would need to be at least an hour earlier, if not an hour and a half to go through security and stuff.  Man was I mistaken....first of all the train didn't break down like I'm used to in Toronto - so I got there way earlier - at the expected time listed at the train station.  Then the security and check in basically took less than 15 minutes making me wayyy early; kudos to Japan! I spent a while watching the TV screens in the airport which was playing baseball, but something seemed a bit weird....all of the players looked really really young.  It took me a while to figure out they were airing high school baseball - the stadium and crowd were so full....I never would have guessed!

The flight was wonderful - Japan airlines is officially the best of the best.  The flight attendants were so incredibly nice, and polite....I wish the flight was longer than an hour and a half!  Right now I'm waiting to meet up with the rest of the group at Kansai Airport before we head to campus.  I'm unfortunately super duper jetlagged and once again the mosquitoes devoured me last night; but other than that Japan's been pretty awesome so far!  Definitely hotter today than yesterday which is why I don't plan on venturing outside until it's completely necessary...


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment